OnCourse SOAR program leaders will discern each candidate’s qualifications through an application, interview, and pre-work process. The support of committed peers in the confidential small groups is a foundational component of the year-long program. As such, participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- An enthusiastic desire for and commitment to the process
- Each participant must “want it.” We will only work with young adults who embrace the purpose of the work, and not those who feel “forced” to do the work or are doing it primarily to please their parents.
- The proven capacity and discipline to stretch outside of their comfort zones and “do the work”
- Desire to learn and change must be matched by the discipline to learn and change … as in weight loss and physical fitness. We will inspire, teach, encourage and challenge. We will neither cajole nor babysit.
- The encouragement from immediate family members
- Family members, especially parents, are engaged in the process.
- Take full responsibility for his or her life
- The mental capacity, mental health, and willingness of a participant to do self-exploration / self-discovery, and take full responsibility for his or her life.