YPO Family Workshop
You watch with curiosity—sometimes anguish or confusion—as your young adult child navigates a combination of:
- They are searching for direction in their next stage of life and are stuck, either treading water or sleepwalking through their current life
- They feel the need to “measure up” to their parents’ success, and nothing is ever good enough
- They have lost (or never had) an identity
- They have been cared for or enabled most of their lives, and don’t know how to live responsibly
- They don’t know how to interact authentically—with parents, siblings, extended family, work colleagues, sometimes even friends
- They are uncertain on how to initiate or be in a loving partner relationship … or … to end a dysfunctional relationship
This straight-talking, experiential workshop lays out the costs you and your young adult kids are paying, and what you can do to help them become mature, responsible adults.
- How to best encourage and empower young adult children to realize their own destiny
- How to be welcoming and nurturing without enabling or rescuing
- How to repair strained or broken relationships with your young adult children
- Jim and Paul use riveting role plays to model the outward interactions, the inner angst, and deepest yearnings in the parent-child dynamic
Jim Warner is a trusted guide to high achievers navigating life transitions. He’s worked directly with over 2500 YPOers and WPOers, worldwide— often with their spouses and families—guiding them through daunting life dilemmas, and helping them achieve greater self-awareness, authentic
communication, more productive relationships—and more satisfying lives.
Jim and his son Paul work together in multi-generational family dynamics helping all parties establish and sustain authentic, synergistic, relationships.
Paul leads young adult retreats, focusing on authentic relationships, navigating change, and leadership development. He also coaches young adults seeking clarity on their life purpose, mission, and vision, and guides them to take full responsibility for their lives.
Jim’s work has led him to write three books and an audio series based on high achievers’ yearnings for identity, meaning, and connection. He has
been married 40 years and enjoys enriching relationships with his wife, Judy, their three adult children, and a granddaughter. He is a graduate of
the University of Michigan, and is an alumnus of Harvard Business School (OPM program). He lives in Boulder, CO